Thursday, November 18, 2010

Train tracks

I wanted to blog about this and I'm way late on it. When we made our road trip from Florida to Oklahoma, we made many stops for gas and bathroom breaks. In the middle of the night, about 3:30am, we stopped at a gas station once we crossed the state boarder into Oklahoma. The gas station was sitting right next to a train track. The kids were asleep except for Ronde. I took him and I to the bathroom inside the gas station. When we were coming out, I heard a train coming. I told Andre that I've always wanted to put quarters on the train tracks. Andre thought I was crazy but then he said why not. We ran out to the train track and put some change on it then ran away quickly so that the train would pass. We watched the train go by and then ran back to the tracks to look for our change. Andre and I thought it was a romantic moment that we would never forget. Here are some pictures from that night.


I still have the smashed quarters in my wallet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment