Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lupus Walk

Yesterday morning, we had a big event planned. A big group of our friends were going to be walking in a charity event to raise money for the Lupus Foundation. Heather, Sonia, and I went shopping at Target to get matching purple shirts since that is the color for Lupus Awareness. Saturday morning, we all went out to breakfast at 7:30am to Christina's Cafe. Afterwards, we all met up at the Tropicana Field(Home of the Rays baseball team). We walked about 6 or 7 laps around the baseball field at our own pace. It was neat to be walking on the field that the Rays play on. The Lupus Foundation raised 30,000 that day! By the end of the day I was exhausted and swollen! The first time I've been swollen my whole pregnancy. I was on my feet all day because that night we went to a barbecue as well (and forgot to take pictures! Pregnancy brain!)Me, Heather, and Sonia (Best Friends since High School)

No comments:

Post a Comment