Monday, August 30, 2010

Scheduled Induction..Day 1

August 30, 2010..this was the date that we thought we would finally meet our little Jamal. We scheduled an induction so that Andre would not miss the birth and so that my mom could plan to take off work and watch the boys. Andre was suppose to arrive this morning and go to the hospital with me but he surprised me and showed up at my apartment last night with flowers! This morning, the boys were very surprised to see their daddy home. Ronde was in total disbelief. He came into my room early this morning and saw that their was another person in my bed. lol. I watched his reaction. He leaned forward and looked at Andre 3 times. Then he turned towards me and said "Mommy? Is that daddy right there?" (It was still pretty dark in the room). I said "Yes it is". Ronde then said "Oh my gosh!" It was so cute!!!!!!

We left for the hospital and arrived at 9:10am.Here is my last belly picture... 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant.


(Oh my!! Look at that hormone stripe! LOL I can't wait for that to go away!)

The nurses got my hooked up to the IV pretty fast and started the pitocin. I started having contractions every 2 - 3 minutes. They gradually started to hurt but nothing I couldn't handle. After hours, I only dilated to 2cm and the contractions stopped hurting. They took me off the pitocin and decided to let me rest, get something to eat, and would try again in the morning. What a bummer!!!

They will start again at 7am tomorrow August 31, 2010. I really hope it works out tomorrow. The doctor seems pretty confident so we will see. My boys are staying with my mom. I really miss them and can't wait to see them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment