Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Safety Harbor

My mom and I decided to check out downtown Safety Harbor yesterday. When we got there, we quickly realized that there wasn't much to do there. Ha! We walked around a little bit and looked in a couple shops (most of them were closed). Then we ate at a restaurant. I ordered the healthiest thing on the menu. Tuna stuffed tomato on a bed of lettuce with fresh fruit and a small cup of chicken noodle soup (it came with the meal). It was so hot outside, and I know I probably say that in every post. It was never this hot when we lived in Hawaii!
We drove around a little a found a shaded playground so we let the kids play.


Afterwards we cooled off with more ice cream. I saw a place called Sun Grove which reminded me of Orange Grove that is in a different city. These places always sell VERY Floridian type gifts, fresh squeezed orange juice and of course orange and vanilla swirl ice cream cones. I've always wanted to take the kids to Orange Grove because my brother and I always got to go there when we were little for ice cream cones. Here is my mom, AJ, and Ronde enjoying some ice cream.

My kids are so weird..they never finish their ice cream so I ended up eating it. There goes my healthy eating for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment