Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Trip To The ZOO!

I really wanted to take AJ and Ronde to the zoo. They have a petting area that has a lot of farm animals. I wanted to take pictures of AJ with the farm animals so I could print them and hang them in his "Farm/Barn/Tractor" themed room. I ended up getting a lot of pictures of the back of AJ and Ronde's head. I took a few pictures of just the animals alone that came out great that I will go ahead and frame. This is my 6th trip to Honolulu Zoo since AJ was born. He really enjoys it and I was so proud of him because for the first time he was able to say all the animals names. He even knew what a Llama was!!

As soon as we arrived, we were hungry. We went and got lunch first and then headed to the Keiki Zoo. (Keiki is Hawaiian for kids). AJ and Ronde got to pet goats and pigs. AJ got really excited to see some interesting fish. He yelled"Mommy, mommy! Fish! Gecko!" There was a fish that had legs and really did look like a gecko. There were cows, chickens, camel, and a llama that I thought was going to spit on me so I didn't get a picture of him.

After the Keiki zoo, we moved on to look at the rest of the animals. We got to see 3 tigers playing together. That was a real treat because usually the tigers are pretty hidden. The zoo was very tiring and hot after a while. We stopped to buy Italian Ice for the kids and then we headed home. Here are some pictures of the boys with the animals.


Below are the pictures of the animals that I will crop, print, and frame for AJ's bedroom along with a few from above...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a good time. You got some nice pictures. Music started playing when I went to your blog but it keeps playing the same song. Can you add songs? Mom

    ReplyDelete