Friday, December 16, 2011

Santa Pictures and the Gift of Giving

Another military wife started Project Humble Christmas. She was collecting donations of clothes, toys, etc., to give to 2 Oklahoma homeless shelters. Well this Holiday season, I applied for Operation Homefront. I was not quite sure what it was but the application did ask what my kids wanted for Christmas. I assumed that if I was accepted, a company would send a gift to each of my kids. We did get accepted and a lady from Operation Homefront dropped off a giant bag of wrapped Christmas presents for my boys. She told me that another family sponsored my children this Christmas. It really felt like Santa came and dropped off a bag of presents. The program is anonymous so I will not be able to contact that family to thank them. So, I wanted to give back in any way I could. I decided to donate gifts to Project Humble Christmas. This morning, I went and bought 8 bottles of men's cologne and 8 knitted hats. It's not much but I hope it puts a smile of someones face this Christmas.
After I picked AJ up from school, we ate lunch then took off to the mall to finish up our last minute Christmas shopping and pictures with Santa. I already knew what kind of reaction I would get from Jamal when sitting in Santa's lap. It's always funny to look back at those Santa "freak out" photos. AJ asked Santa for a "popcorn machine" and Ronde asked for a "new stronger Woody doll{from Toy Story}". His Woody doll is currently headless and handless but Ronde still plays with him!! haha. It's definitely time for a new one.


The days are flying by, I really need to get my house in order and stock my fridge because my Mom and Sister will be flying from Florida to Oklahoma Thursday! I can't wait!! It will be their first visit to Oklahoma and the first Christmas we've spent together in over 6 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment