Friday, May 20, 2011

Kid's Furniture and Sneak Peek

Since we finally have a move in date, June 10, for base housing, I went ahead and ordered the boys their new bedroom sets and an activity table for our family room. I've had the money saved to buy these items for a long time and I'm so excited to finally order them. Right now, the boys have their mattresses on the floor and do not have a dresser. When we moved to Oklahoma, the movers broke their dresser. So this is definitely not a splurge, it's much needed!(well, the activity table was a splurge!)
In our new house, we have a family room off to the right of our living room. We are making it into a play area for the kids since our house is 2 stories. I thought it would be best to have some toys down stairs so I can keep an eye on them. The black activity table matches our living room furniture so I think it will look great. It also has 2 drawers underneath with a chalkboard label on each drawer. It was a great deal for $119 and free shipping from amazon.com. AJ told me he wants the train set too..haha
I got the boys bunk beds! We do have a 4 bedroom house but we decided that AJ and Ronde will continue to share a room and Jamal will have his own nursery. The 4th bedroom will be turned into the guest room/man cave (whatever that is..ha!) I ordered all the furniture pictured below for the boy's room.


I know they are going to love having all this big boy furniture! I'm going to do a sports theme since I already have the decorations to do so. They've been packed in a box for years and I just never hung any of it up.
And here is a sneak peek into our new house.

Very Zen like =)
Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment