Friday, February 4, 2011

Show Us Your Life - What I feed my kids

Kelly's Korner - Show us your life, this weeks it's what you feed your kids. I wanted to share what my boys eat around here and some random pictures.

Breakfast - Oatmeal, healthy cereal like frosted mini wheats or cheerios, pancakes (sometimes I make blueberry pancakes), smokey sausages, pigs in a blanket, grits, bacon, smoothies, and eggs

Lunch - AJ is obsessed with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He wants them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I will only let him eat it for lunch though. My boys only eat whole grain bread. They eat string cheese, crackers, bananas, apples, macaroni and cheese, Spaghetti O's, drinkable yogurt, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, left over dinners, and pizza. I know, healthy right..ha!

(AJ's chore..putting the trash bag in the trash can)

Dinner - I usually don't mind what the kids eat for lunch because I know they always eat a healthy breakfast and dinner. We make a lot of chicken in all sorts of ways. We eat curry chicken at least once a week, because it's cheap, with carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes in it with rice or dumplings. Recently I've cooked chicken and broccoli stir fry (Chinese style) with rice, Chicken enchiladas, pork chops with mashed potatoes or fried potatoes and cabbage, my boys love couscous, and I also steam a mix of veggies then stir fry them in olive oil and fresh garlic..so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment