Friday, September 3, 2010

Jamal's First Night Home

I will be doing a lot of updating this next couple days. My computer has died and I'm using my husband's laptop for the time being. Andre will be leaving next Wednesday to go back to Pensacola. We are still waiting on orders to Oklahoma so we can all move together.

Yesterday we got home from the hospital at 1pm. Andre made me lunch while Jamal and I got settled in. These were the flowers Andre surprised me with the day he came back home.

My mom and sister were pretty anxious to see Jamal again so they came over for a visit. My mom watched the kids for me while I was at the hospital for 3 days. I'm so thankful for her. She made us a lot of food to last over the next couple of days. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beens, soup, ranch chicken ball dip and crackers,ice cream, and all the fixings for sandwiches.
After they left, we went for our first family walk. It was also the first time trying out my new sit and stand stroller. I'm really happy with it. Jamal is a little jaundice so a little sun light was necessary besides I wanted to stretch my legs after being in a hospital bed for so long.
Jamal does a lot of sleeping during the day, then is awake a lot at night. That is when he wants to be comforted even after he has breastfed. I'm usually awake every hour at night but he's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment