Sunday, February 7, 2010

Planning Ronde's 2nd Birthday

Ronde Kingston Harris born February 29, 2008. It's amazing how much he has grown.


My sweet little boy is going to be 2 years old!! He is a leap year baby and we are celebrating his birthday this year on Sunday, February 28, 2010. I went to a baby shower yesterday and they had all sorts of appetizers. One of the appetizers was "Puppy Chow". I've made this before for my kids but it dawned on me...I could make this for Ronde's Birthday and do a Puppy theme! So far this is what I've come up with.


Puppy Themed Decorations from Party City.


Puppy ChowPuppy Chow Recipe :

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1.Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2.In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3.Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


Puppy Cake from Walmart! I saw these last year at Walmart and they are so cute!! It is an individual size and would be perfect for Ronde to smash his paws in ;)


I showed Ronde my idea's already and he just kept say "Puppy Party!" over and over. He is going to love it :)

1 comment:

  1. The Puppy Party is such a cute idea and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!!! Good luck with your move!!!

    ReplyDelete